Saturday, October 1, 2011

New Painting, "I Am Alive"

16" x 20"
Oil and Mixed Media on Canvas
SOLD
Private Collection of Lynne Richardson
Fine Art Giclee Prints are available on Etsy


"Being willing to be emotionally vulnerable with people...
in my humble opinion, this is what living fully means."
-Suzanne Sterling

Those beautiful words from Suzanne Sterling, via her interview with YogaModern, inspired this painting. I completed this one literally minutes before I had to turn my paintings into last month's show, CelebrateART.  I should have been working on double checking my show's inventory list, cataloguing work, etc., but was overcome by a need to create, to paint and be fully present with the moment.  It's in those moments that I truly come alive.

It is from those places of freedom that I truly love what I create, and I think viewers pick up on that as well. This painting sold last week to a client of mine who saw the painting at CelebrateART, decided to pass on it the night of the show, but couldn't get it out of her mind.

Feeling grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails