Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Solitary Pine




10" x 11 3.4"
Watercolor on Paper

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought, disease, avalanches, and a thousand tempests and floods. But he cannot save them from fools." ~John Muir

One of the fun things about moving (and there really aren't many) is finding hidden treasures from the past. As I packed and unpacked boxes, I came across this lovely watercolor from years ago. I was struck by the fact that when I painted this, I was searching for my artistic voice. Now looking back, it's clear that my voice was present long before I had discovered it...nature's earthy, organic essence have simply always been a part of my paintings.

Another thing I found in a dusty box from the attic are my old journals from high school and college. I have always been a writer, and am looking forward to delving into these relics to see the growth that has occurred over the years. It's almost like having a meeting with my past self...strange. I'm quite certain these words and works from my past will fuel my current creative fire for quite some time.

By the way, this painting is for sale on Etsy if you want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails