Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thursday's Other Creative Soul: Lee Pina

Thanks for joining me today as I interview Massachusetts-based Visual Artist Lee Pina, who left the chaos of the corporate world to pursue her passion.




Name/Location
·        Aspire Arts, Lee Pina (Artist/Owner),    Currently a full time artist. Prior to 2009, corporate project management professional
Current City/Hometown
·        Massachusetts, south of Boston
Tell me about your work in one sentence. 
·        My work is a journey to  - FIND/FEEL/EVOKE something about me/about you - through texture and abstraction.
Describe your normal day.
·        Up with the birds (between 3-5AM), caffeinate!, get my daily fix of art in magazines or internet, look at my never ending list of “ideas” to paint, add to it > walk 4 miles > procrastinate > paint or compose (I write vocal/orchestral music when I can’t paint).
What are your passions? 
·        Aside of painting and music, I’m passionate about love and life and not wasting it! Appreciating the people in my life. Seeking a balance spiritually. Every day is another opportunity to find the path.
What are your goals? 
·        I’m focusing 100% on building a presence and portfolio for Aspire Arts. I’d like to really retire in a few years and just “make” art!
Who are your creative influences?
·        Everything Asian, The Tao, Kline, Newman, Miro …
Are there any other relevant experiences that shaped who you are today and what you do?
·        I’ve always been a “seeker”, looking for something beyond the obvious, a meaning, a lesson.  My art is a way to express and invite others to look within and look beyond what is expected.  This is my everyday!
Is there anyone that you really look up to as an inspiration?
·        My mom.  I found my art after she passed but she has always been/will always be my inspiration to be a good person and just be me.

How do you summon your muse? 
·        I walk and think.  When I create, it’s in silence.

What's your working style? 
·        I try not to think about it too much. I can’t create when in there’s a lot going on.  Sometime several weeks will pass without making anything. When I get back to it, I find my style/technique has evolved. I’ll paint for hours/days straight. Go figure!  
*What are your websites/social networking links?
·        www.zhibit.org/lpina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails