Sunday, June 12, 2011

Newly Commissioned Painting, "Come Boldly to the Throne of Grace"

"Come Boldly to the Throne of Grace" 
36" x 36" x 1.5"
Oil and Mixed Media on Canvas
Wallace Collection


I came across the following scripture verse yesterday 
and it stuck with me:
"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace. That we may find mercy and grace in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)" 
What a great reminder. I knew it belonged to a painting, but only when this one was complete did I see how the two fit together.  To come boldly, fearlessly, to something new and surrender to it offers the opportunity to find the grace within.


This client had a specific color scheme and style in mind and then let me run with it. Here is what emerged. I love working on commissions and allowing someone's vision to speak through my own. This union never fails to lead to something beautiful.


There colors were a bit of a departure for me, and already they have found their way into several other paintings I am simultaneously working on in the studio. I love how each painting influences the next and leads to progress and growth in this little artistic journey I'm on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails