Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentine's Paintings Series




A Prayer in Spring
11" x 14"
Acrylic and Mixed Media on Canvas

This is the latest of my custom commissioned Valentine's painting series. A client selected the poem, "A Prayer in Spring", by Robert Frost, to be collaged into the background of her painting, as it has a very special meaning to her and her husband. She even chose to handwrite the verses herself which makes the painting that much more personal, a little piece of her heart that she's offering to her husband immortalized on the canvas.

I have had great success with this series and feel so happy to have created so many commissioned pieces over the past month and a half. It's kind of like my own artsy way of playing Cupid. Several paintings from my Valentine's series are available at Artisan Style Gallery Uptown. Brandon Lynch, one of the Owners, recently informed me that they are soon going to be featured in Daily Candy Dallas. Can't wait!

"For this is love and nothing else is love,
To which it is reserved for God above
To sanctify to what far ends he will,
But which it only needs that we fulfill." Robert Frost

2 comments:

  1. These are so lovely. They make me happy and smile. I love the way the reds dance on the canvas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Glad you enjoy them. I appreciate your comments, Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails