Tuesday, November 22, 2011

10 Things Artist Should Be Thankful for

Indian corn paper sculptures created by my 5-6 y/o Art Stop students.
Seasonal art at its finest!
“Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind. ”  
Lionel Hampton


In the spirit of Thanksgiving, Sylvia White shares her list on Art Propelled of the 10 things artists should be thankful for.  I have this list tacked up my studio and have been looking at it when I reach stopping points.  As Artists, we are often focused in the future, on our next project, our next show, our next opportunity...focusing on this list helps bring me back to the present moment and the fulfillment that this God-given talent brings. 



1. I am thankful that I am not one of the majority of people in this world that
wakes up every morning, goes to a job they hate, just to come home and do it all
over again.

2. I am thankful that when I am away from my studio, my ideas come with me, they
keep me company everywhere I go.

3. I am thankful for this passion that gives me so much joy (and angst) but mostly
joy.

4. I am thankful that when I have left this earth, I will leave something meaningful
behind.

5. I am thankful that I have a mind that can not sleep, I will never be bored.

6. I am thankful that there is a part of my life that nobody can control, except
me.

7. I am thankful that no one in the world can ever take this gift from me.

8. I am thankful that I am brave, it takes courage to pursue my gift.

9. I am thankful that I am never satisfied, it forces me to move forward and grow.

10. I am thankful I discovered this list!



Please share this list with the other creative souls who have touched your life.  Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails