Thursday, January 19, 2012

I Wish They Made these Shoes in My Size


My daughter, 5 1/2, ran into my room yesterday, excitedly, yelling, "Mommy! Mommy! I tied my own shoes!" This is something she has been working on for months at home, so it was pretty big news around here. I took a picture to commemorate.


I was so happy for her, but immediately awash with acute awareness of how the days are flying past and she is growing before my eyes. It reminded me of the old adage, which I had come across on Twitter just recently: "The final job of teacher...student no longer needs the teacher." The same can be said for parenting. It is amazing to bear witness this slow unfolding. Bittersweet, indeed, but a process so full of love.


Wishing everyone a feeling of peace in this present moment, that today and every day you can stop see and feel the love that is all around you, that is in you, and be inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails