Saturday, February 11, 2012

New Painting, "Searching for Somebody I Used to Know"

20" x 24"
Oil and Mixed Media
Available

This is a new piece created as I struggle to come to terms with mental illness that has taken over a loved one.

Life throws you curve balls. I am suddenly searching for the ghost of the girl I knew. The layers in this painting represent the layers of "life" that pile on that have an impact for the better or worse - the dark colors - the darkness...I could go on.
My art is a mirror, reflecting who I am.  
                        I'm grateful to have this channel of creativity and expression 
through the both happiness and the suffering. 

This piece will be on display at Dear Clark Salon in Uptown Dallas. Show opens this Thursday. Hope my Dallas friends can make it out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails