Saturday, October 31, 2009

Absorb, Absorb, Absorb



11" x 14"
Acrylic and Mixed Media on Canvas

I was going for a little looser style on this painting, a little more relaxed, something to mirror what I was feeling like this week. This canvas had actually been painted on by my three and a half y/o daughter who loves to be out in the studio with me. She had abandoned it and moved onto other artistic endeavors, so I decided to paint over it. There was something about the raw beauty of her background strokes and colors that spoke to me and I tried to preserve that essence. I like how it turned out and think we should collaborate again sometime. :)

"A tree uses what comes its way to nurture itself. By sinking its roots deeply into the earth, by accepting the rain that flows towards it, by reaching out to the sun, the tree perfects its character and becomes great. ... Absorb, absorb, absorb. That is the secret of the tree." ~~Deng Ming-Dao ( Everyday Tao, 1996)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails