Thursday, October 15, 2009

There Are Many Paths; None Are Certain

30" x 40"
Oil and Mixed Media on Canvas

We don't know what is in store for us in life, the only thing we can control is our outlook. I was listening to Dave Matthews in the studio, and "Dancing Nancies" comes to mind when I see this painting finished:
Could I have been anyone other than me?

Twenty three and so tired of life
Such a shame to throw it all away
The images grow darker still
Could I have been anyone other than me? Then I

Look up at the sky
My mouth is open wide, lick and taste
What's the use in worrying, what's the use in hurrying
Turn, turn we almost become dizzy

I am who I am who I am well who am I
Requesting some enlightenment
Could I have been anyone other than me?

Sing and dance I'll play for you tonight
And thrill at it all
Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes
But I'll work it out



1 comment:

  1. Gina, this is beautiful!!!!!! Your work is just so amazing. I have always wanted to collect one piece of art each year, and I can't wait to have of yours!!

    ReplyDelete

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails