Monday, December 28, 2009

Love is the Answer





8" x 10" x 1.5"
Acrylic and Mixed Media on Gallery-Wrapped Canvas
SOLD
Velvet giclee prints of this and all my original artworks are available.

I was working on a looser style of poppies in this painting, and I love how when my sister took a look at this she saw the poppies as hearts. My family and I were listening to one of my favorite Jack Johnson songs, "Better Together", the evening I finished this painting. My favorite line from the song is, "Love is the answer at least for most of the questions in my heart," which is where the title of the painting comes from. That song always reminds me of my sweet husband, who told me he really liked this new work. I think this painting is going to make a perfect Valentine for somebody.


There's no combination of words
I could put on the back of a postcard,
No song that I could sing
But I can try for your heart,
Our dreams, and they are made out of real things,
Like a shoebox of photographs,
With sepia tone loving,
Love is the answer
At least for most of the questions in my heart ,
Like why are we here? And where do we go?
And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy,
And sometimes life can be deceiving,
I'll tell you one thing, its always better when we're together

MMM, it's always better when we're together
Yeah, we'll look at the stars when we're together
Yeah, it's always better when we're together

I believe in memories
They look so, so pretty when I sleep
Hey now, and when I wake up,
You look so pretty sleeping next to me
But there is not enough time,
And there is no, no song I could sing
And there is no combination of words I could say
But I will still tell you one thing,
We're better together

1 comment:

  1. Gina, what a sweet painting and post. I do see the red hearts your sister saw. This one will make a lovely Valentine for that someone special. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog this morning. I have read Eckhart Tolle's book The Power of Now. It's a powerful book!

    ReplyDelete

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails