Friday, December 11, 2009

Snow Falling on Birches





Snow Falling on Birches
10" x 10" x 1.5"
Acrylic and Mixed Media on Gallery-Wrapped Canvas

This painting is a part of a series I am working on about the changing seasons, see also "Autumn Rapture" on the blog or in my Etsy shop. Huddled next to my space heater in the studio (my students always refer to it as "Mr. Toasty") this painting just came to fruition on its own. Of course we never have this much snow in Texas, but we don't have many birch trees either, so I guess my mind is in another place right now. I love to include a lot of texture in my art, as if by reaching out and touching the landscape you can actually become more a part of it.

"There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you.... In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself." ~Ruth Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails