Sunday, September 18, 2011

New Painting, "The Search for Simplicity"


In Search of Simplicity
New Painting
Oil and Mixed Media on Canvas
16" x 20" x 1.5"
Available
"One day I will find the right words.

And they will be simple."
-Kerouac


This painting was literally 5 other paintings before it was this one.
There was so much I was trying to say with this canvas, and the message got really jumbled in my head.
I felt like my ideas, my wishes for this one were in one of those stone tumblers that I used to long for as a kid,
those mysterious machines that took ordinary rocks, swallowed them,
and spat them out all shiny and interesting-looking.
Once I stopped trying to force the ideas and let the painting speak through me, speak to me, did it emerge.
That's how it always happens. One day I will learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails