Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Teach the Children Well



"Where the world ends and imagination and creativity begin."

This is Art Stop's motto. 


I could not think of a more wonderful, happy place to teach art to children.


For the sixth year in a row I am thrilled to be a part of the Art Stop magic. Now in its 13th year, Art Stop is a staple in Dallas' University Park.  


The Owner and Founder, Kathleen Alexander, is the heart and soul of the school. She has been instilling a love of creativity in children for over 25 years, and I am deeply grateful that she took me under her wing six years ago, when I was worn down and, frankly, a little bitter, after putting in hard time in the Corporate PR World, and brought me back to my passion. 


"Mrs. A" re-lit that creative fire in my heart and taught me how to teach art to children. Learning from her is like learning how to play football with Troy Aikman...the chance of a lifetime from a living legend. Now, I could not imagine my life without "Mrs. A", or my fulfilling career, in it.


My class just made the Fall leaves, above, and they are so lovely. What I cherish most about them is that they were created from a place of joy and freedom that can only be found in a child's heart. 


Art Stop offers a fun, relaxed environment where children can experiment, learn and discover the joy of the creative process, along the way building knowledge and skills.  Most importantly, they learn to love and appreciate art. I am teaching there on Mondays at 3:45.  Ages 5-7.  Our class is full, and I am so deeply grateful for that, but if you are interested in signing your child up for another time, please email artstopinc@yahoo.com for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails