Monday, February 7, 2011

The Cameron Gallery...one degree away from Michalopolus.

This afternoon I just dropped off a bunch of new paintings at The Cameron Gallery on Dragon Street in the Design District.  They requested my work be featured there this month in their "Made for Love" Exhibit opening this weekend. This is wonderful for a number of reasons:


1. It's the Cameron Gallery on Dragon Street in the Design District.  'Nuff said.


2. Kristi Cameron and her right-hand girl Lea Andrah have it together. Professional, smart and share a passion and integrity for the visual arts.  


3.  The Cameron Gallery represents James Michalopoulos in Dallas.  He is absolutely my hands-down favorite living Artist. I fell in love with his work while studying art at college in New Orleans (where he's from), and I have followed him ever since. The color and texture and feeling in his work moves llike no other. Here's a pic of Mr. D. and I at his Octavia's Haze Gallery opening in San Francisco back in 2008, where I had the pleasure of meeting him in person.  Getting to meet him and seeing what an effortlessly cool, down-to-earth person he is only re-inforced my little infatuation.




And here's a bit of a shameless pic that I took of the paintings I dropped off today at The Cameron Gallery (forgive the shabby iphone pic). My works are along the bottom not yet hung, but merely to have them touching the same wall and being shown in the same gallery as Michalopoulos brings me so much joy and such a sense of arrival in my career that I feel like my heart is overflowing.  


1 comment:

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails