Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Paintings, "You Make Me Feel", "Joy on the Inside, Peace on the Outside"

 8" x 8" x 1.5" each
Acrylic and Mixed Media on Canvas


 "I love her and that's the beginning of everything."



I posted these two together because they just seem to go together. They are a continuation of my hear series, as featured in Daily Candy, but here I experimented with making the hearts pop off the canvas by sculpting them with  a ploymer clay, then attaching them.  They have an organic, raw, simple feel.  In the pics below, taken in my studio, you can get a better visual of how they look from the side.  






It is truly a joy to be able to create from a place of love. I always tell my 4.5 year-old that the biggest gift God gives you when you become a mommy is that He helps your heart open and grow in ways you never thought possible and you learn to love more and more each day. I love it when paintings just flow from a happy place, and this was one of them.


Go get one for yourself or your loved one.  Just in time for Valentine's Day, or as we call it around here, "Love Day". These paintings are currently on display at The Cameron Gallery in Dallas' Design District.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails