Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Painting, "My Kingdom Awaits"


24" x 48" 
Acrylic and Mixed Media on Canvas
This painting will be featured in my upcoming Art Show next month. 

"I’m coming home
I’m coming home
tell the world I’m coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they’ve forgiven my mistakes
I’m coming home, I’m coming home
tell the World I’m coming

Back where I belong
I’ve never felt so strong 
feeling like there’s nothing that I can’t try
and if you feel me put your hands high "  -Diddy/Gray/Cole



Finished up a new piece.  Who's to say hip hop music can't inspire?  I love the energy this song gave me while playing in the studio. 


The soft bright colors reflect the Spring Fever that has taken over our household.  I always imagine myself walking through these forests I paint, and in the midst of getting lost in this one I couldn't help but think of  the beauty that awaits when we truly arrive home...wherever that may be, maybe for some it's literal and for others it's only a feeling, a metaphor. When we truly realize our full potential, our dharma, our abundant life, and the sacredness of each present moment we can see that it's all so beautiful, even the sad parts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails