Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thursday's Other Creative Soul: Casey Weigand

As a creative person myself, I love learning about what makes other like-minded people tick. Thanks for joining me today as I interview fellow Dallas-based Painter and Mother of itty bitties Casey Weigand. Casey is a beautiful person inside and out, and I feel certain she's a creative kindred spirit.  Make sure to stop by her  Blog, she's having a great giveaway!







Name/Location:  Casey Wiegand: Dallas Texas



Education: Early Childhood Education degree from Baylor University



Tell me about your work in one sentence: "Free" and abstract!



Describe your normal day. My normal day is waking up early with the two little ones... we make breakfast and get ready for the day. We usually try and have a playdate or outing in the morning. (if it's warm we head to the pool!!!) Then we eat lunch and go down for naps (if i am lucky their naps will overlap and I will have some time to paint, return emails and blog.) When they wake up we usually "create" together (my little guy loves loves loves to paint) and play outside until dinner. Then dinnertime as a family when my husband gets home...then the night routine...baths, prayers, snacks, a little more playtime then bed! After the kiddos are down Chris & I usually watch a movie or finish up any work that didnt get done! Sometimes I will paint really late at night when everyone is alseep. My ideal day would look a lot like this...my kiddos are my world and I love that my days revolve around them. They won't be little for long so I am trying to soak up every single second. 



What are your passions? My passions are first God, then my family then my art and sharing my life/my story with anyone who is interested. 



What are your goals? I would love to write a book someday and a silly dream is to be able to completely support our family on my art. Maybe a big gallery, I am no where close to that yet...but a girl can dream right?!



Who are your creative influences? My greatest influence is my husband Chris. Not only is he insanely creative & talented himself....but shortly after being married he encouraged me to do the Dallas City Arts Festival; it would be my first art show. I was nervous and insecure, it was a juried show and truthfully I felt a bit silly to enter. God moved in my life a lot that weekend...I sold 11 paintings and won a jury award. He confirmed that my passion could also be my profession and it has been an incredible ride ever since!



Is there anyone that you really look up to as an inspirationI love not necessarily who these people were but their art: KlimtKandinsky & Picasso. Very inspiring. 



What motivates you on a daily basis?  Nature and music. I look at the world through an artists eyes. I am always noticing shapes, colors and the way things move and flow.... and music always will inspire me to paint. If I have a good playlist going, i can get a lot done! 



What's your working style?  I take lots of breaks. my art is all about layers so I may have numerous pieces going at once....layers and layers. Plus I dont have tons of time to paint these days with two kids under the age of two...I just take what I can get!



What are your websites/social networking links? 




WEBSITE: www.caseywiegand.com  


2 comments:

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails