Wednesday, April 27, 2011

New Painting, "Searching all of MY Days"

16" x 20"
Acrylic and Mixed on Canvas
Available



The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.

Lovers don't finally meet somewhere,
they're in each other all along.



There are so many things I could say about this painting. The act of searching, or always looking, has been a double edged sword for me.  Part of me feels like there is something in me that has been "searching all of my days". My restless spirit, my "monkey mind", is a part of my personality that fuels my ambition, my desire to create and moreover be successful. However, it is also this anticipation, this always looking ahead, that often keeps me from being fully present in the moment and enjoying my life as it is. I am working on staying present and realizing the gifts of my life, my beautiful family, the time with my precious children that are changing every day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails