Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Colors of Fall - in progress


Today, in my mind at least, was the first real day of Fall in Dallas--at least, the first day that it felt like Fall. I sent the kids to preschool in their jackets, their chubby cheeks rosy from playing outside in the backyard.


The leaves swirled around in the wind outside the studio as I worked and sipped on my green tea.  It is always amazing to me to feel things outside, inside and then through my brushes.  The invigorating weather today was no exception as it manifested itself in a brand new color palette of spick pumpkins, cranberry, burnt umbers and deep charcoals.


I am stepping outside of the comfort zone and working bigger.  That square painting is 62" x 62".  It and the tree painting are commissions, the one on the right is just for fun. We'll see where they end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails