Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dance in the Sun




12" x 24"
Acrylic and Mixed Media on Canvas

I thought I was done painting until after baby arrives on Thursday, but somehow this one just sort of finished itself. I think the excited energy of all the changes about to take place crept out through my fingertips and manifested itself in this vibrant image. I applied a thick layer of texture to the canvas and basically carved in the images before I painted them and then I added the paint.

This pregnancy has been so difficult, full of surprises and ups and downs. I feel so thankful I have my artwork to channel all of this tension. The past six months or so I have taken the term "art therapy" to a whole new level.

I'm making a CD to listen to when baby is arriving, and this song will definitely be on it: "Dancing Nancies" by DMB

Sing and dance I'll play for you tonight
And thrill at it all
Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes
But I'll work it out then I

Look up at the sky
My mouth is open wide, lick and taste
What's the use in worrying, what's the use in hurrying
Turn, turn we almost become dizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails