Monday, January 25, 2010

I made the front page of Etsy!




Effervescence
8" x 12"
Watercolor and Ink on Paper

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34351338

In the midst of celebrating the arrival of our beautiful baby boy this weekend, it was fun to learn that my painting, Effervescence, was featured on the front page of Etsy. It was like the icing on the cake of one of the most wonderful weekends of my life. The exposure was great and my art reached so many people who otherwise would not have seen it.

These little circles remind me of bubbles, or pebbles, and these circular images have always been a part of what I create. This painting was done on heavy watercolor paper. I don't often work on paper, but when I do, I find that it is often a freer way to express my ideas. There's something about getting a painting started on a blank gallery-wrapped canvas that always intimidates me...I wonder if that will ever go away? Probably not, but it's those creative butterflies that I can't live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails