Friday, January 29, 2010

Rainbow Fish





24" x 48" x 1.5"
Acrylic and Collage on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

"I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone." Rainer Maria Rilke

This painting had been out in the studio for several months and I never quite felt like it was finished. Often people would come to the studio and comment on it, but to me it was never ready to be shown to the public. I got the chance to rework it and am finally happy with it. Each scale has been individually cut, collaged, and worked on its own, almost like tons of tiiny paintings assembled into one large body. It will be on display at my Spring Show at Artisan Style Gallery in March. To me it represents a fairy tale, a departure from reality into a dreamlike state where anything is possible.

2 comments:

  1. Its lovely, interesting and engaging. I'm glad you finally came to a place where you felt comfortable revealing it. Good luck at the show. I'm sure it will yield wonderful compliments!

    ReplyDelete

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails