Thursday, January 7, 2010

"You Make My Dreams Come True"




This is Wally Linebarger. I had the pleasure of having him as my high school art teacher. He was one of those talented instructors who changed your life, shaped you as a person, and left footprints on your soul--not to mention an incredible artist. He let me "hide" in the art room during boring assemblies, dramatic high school crises, and lunch breaks, and while I worked, he listened and guided and helped me grow in so many ways. I can only hope to impact my art students the same way he has impacted me. We have kept in touch over the years and last night I received the most touching email from him:

"Gina, I love, love love your new work. You make my dreams come true, as Hall and Oates said. I once had a dream that I would be an inspiration to at least one student to aspire to greatness. You made my dream come true."

I could live off this validation for months! Thanks Wally, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails