Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Work in Progress


Had a lovely little morning in the studio while the kids were at Mother's Day Out and Preschool. Five hours went by in the blink of an eye. I love that. Sometimes when I am painting I hit a groove where I am completely in the moment, filled with contentment. I often chase this same high when I'm running.  I wait for it to find me when I practice yoga.  That exhilaration of being completely present is what makes me feel complete.

I wanted to post some pics of a work in progress today, to show how things get done around my little studio. I have various easels but mostly work on the floor. Paint everywhere. Always with green tea. And lots of mellow music, today I was digging some old-school Cure. I am working on a new Gladiolas painting to trade with an artist who I have gotten to be friendly with, Jennifer Moreman.  The one on the right with the cool colors, entitled, "Celebration", hangs in my private collection, and I hope to have something similar done for Jennifer with some fresh new colors.  We're meeting to trade on Saturday. Fingers crossed I get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails