Friday, May 21, 2010

How to be an Artist...



One of my favorite little posters...I think this hung on almost every art classroom in high school and college, and for good reason! People sometimes ask me, "How did you become an artist?" It's sort of a tricky question, because I truly feel that I never became an artist, rather I was born an artist and it has always been within me. Life is a colorful collage of lessons, surprises, stumbling, discoveries and wonder, and I have just managed to capture bits and pieces of this on a canvas and freeze these moments for others to observe. I offer this little piece of wisdom from Sark to you today in the hopes that the spirit of wonder is always a part of your life.

"Have no fear of perfection; you will never attain it." Salvador Dali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails