Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Today, I Wake Up and Love You


11" x 14"
Acrylic and Mixed Media on Canvas

This painting was commissioned by a dear friend's husband for her as a Mother's Day gift. First of all, kudos to any hubby with three young kids (including twins under one) who has the foresight to come up with such a thoughtful gift to his wife for Mother's Day. Mr. O gave me creative carte blanche, just asking that the painting be something that incportporates their three children and the love and admiration he has for his wife.

I wanted to create something that captured how beautiful Mrs. O is, both inside and out, and how full of life so I went with the floral theme. One song I always sing to my own kiddos is "Three Little Birds", by Bob Marley, so that's sort of wehre the birds came from...each one represents one of their little ones.

I also love the quote:
Life began with waking up and loving my mother's face.
- George Eliot, English novelist

This is kind of where I derived the title, but I wanted the title to convey something meaningful that could be said to each person in their family, including from a husband to a wife.

2 comments:

  1. Nice bold work I love it and I am sure it will be loved by it's new owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Checked out your blog and noticed you are and artist with a penchant for running...me too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails