Saturday, May 8, 2010

Gallerina on the Scene



Being a mom of three kids under four affords me very little time to be social, that's just life right now. However, last weekend we had a sitter, I threw on whatever clothes are fitting me right now at 12 weeks post-partum, and and Mr. D and I made it out to RISING Gallery for the opening of their newest show, "Love them Now, Always", featuring the works of Chris Panatier and Kathleen Wilke.

As we were leaving the house, my 3.5 year old daughter, who is in an I-only-want-to-wear-tutus phase, asked where I was going, and when I told her, "an art gallery", she said, "Oh, so I'm a ballerina and you're a GAL-lerina?" Come on....it really doesn't get any cuter than that.

I hadn't been to RISING in several months, but now that we live just a stone's throw away, I really hope to make it in more often. The Owners, brothers Bryan and Taber Wetz, have knocked down some walls of what used to be an adjacent retail shop and have created even more of a wonderful space than before. Art can be captured in a variety of design mediums and RISING brings them all together in its gallery off Knox.

The works by both artists were fantastic, both beautiful, mysterious and ethereal. They were very complimentary of each other. I had the pleasure of meeting Artist Chris Panatier, who I had interviewed online for my blog last week, and viewing his works in person. I am still dreaming of his painting, The Cotton Mandate"...both hubby and I fell in love with it. Something about the softness haunts me. I wonder if it has already sold?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails