Wednesday, December 28, 2011

In Progress



After an awesome yoga practice this morning with some of my best girls, I was really feeling the lotus love today. Surrounded by love, clarity and beauty, inspiration can strike at the strangest of times. Often for me it's after my 6 a.m. yoga practice at Exhale.

So grateful for the opportunity to paint today, since yesterday was one of those days where all I wanted to do was get into the studio but life, or should I say, Christmas Break and kiddos who needed their mama, took precedent. This morning was possible thanks to my rock star husband who worked from home this a.m. and kept and eye on our three munchkins so I could get out and play in the paint.

Once finished, the one toward the back is set to go to Rising Gallery Dallas, for Incrementum, an annual Art Auction and Fundraiser benefitting Alley's House , a non-profit organization whose mission is “Empowering teen mothers and their children to achieve independence through support services, education and mentoring.” 

The other one on the floor? Who knows...

I am honored to be a part of Incrementum for the second year in a row. “Incrementum” is Latin for growth. Alley’s House teaches young mothers the importance of growth and expanding beyond their reach. The piece of art I am creating is certainly inspired by my own interpretation of “growth.” 

Here's to nourishing your own growth today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails