Tuesday, December 20, 2011

New Painting, "There's A Certain Peace That Comes with Surrender"

 24" x 24" x 1.5"
Oil and Mixed Media on Canvas
Available

Here's a new painting inspired by my amazing Exhale Spa Dallas, yoga teacher Susie Caicedo . Susie encourages us daily and shines light for us to look w/in ourselves for strength & grace.


In the Yoga SutraPatanjali refers to this inner presence of Ishvara as our foremost teacher (I.26). Through intimate listening to this voice within us, we begin to have a relationship with inner guidance in all aspects of our life. When I think of my most important teachers, including my parents, I see that they were there not just for the big lessons but also in a thousand small ways, constantly showing me when I was on target or beginning to wander off the path, opening my being to new vistas and reminding me when I was closing myself to life. My experience of my inner teacher is similar: As my attunement to this inner sense of direction grows, it increasingly guides my thoughts, speech, and actions.


If Ishvara is the inner compass, pranidhana is remembering to stay connected to that essence not just occasionally but throughout the day. Ishvara pranidhana is also translated as "offering the fruits of one's actions to the Divine." So many misinterpret "surrender" as a giving up, accepting defeat, but when you examine the word from a sense of letting go of resistance, of accepting and being at peace with where you are, it takes on a beautiful new meaning. 


So...surrendering...to your painting, your life circumstances, is not always easy. It's a learning process...it involves taking that leap, that fearless risk, but if we can let it take us there, it's a really a beautiful thing.


detail

detail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails