Thursday, November 26, 2009

Blessed

That's my studio...where the world ends and creativity begins. :)

Today is a perfect time to reflect on our many blessings. I am thankful for my wonderful family and friends, and for our unborn son who will be joining his big brother and sister in January. I am thankful for my God-given gift of creativity and artistic talent. I am thankful for the opportunity to share this gift with others, through teaching and through showing my art in galleries. I am thankful for my art studio and the solace and happiness it provides. I am thankful that my husband, an adorably anal neat freak, lets me keep it messy, because the organized chaos seems to be the only way I can create freely.

A POEM BY MARY OLIVER

Who made the world?
Who made the swan, and the black bear?
Who made the grasshopper?
This grasshopper, I mean-
the one who has flung herself out of the grass,
the one who is eating sugar out of my hand,
who is gazing around with her enormous and complicated eyes.
Now she snaps her wings open, and floats away.
I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

titled "The summer day" 1992

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails