Saturday, November 28, 2009

Life on Mars



11" x 14"
Oil on Canvas

This painting represents something very far away from where I am now...I wanted to use it as an escape for a little while. Listening to Counting Crows in the studio is one of my favorite things to do. I can always draw inspiration from Adam Duritz's haunting voice and introspective lyrics.

"Recovering The Satellites" by Counting Crows
Gonna get back to basics
Guess I'll start it up again
I'm falling' from the ceiling
You're falling from the sky now and then
Maybe you were shot down in pieces
Maybe I slipped in between
But we were gonna be the wildest people they ever hoped to see
Just you and me

So why'd you come home to this sleepless town
It's a lifetime commitment
Recovering the satellites
All anybody really wants to know is...
When you gonna come down

She sees shooting stars and comet tails
She's got heaven in her eyes
She says I don't need to be an angel
But I'm nothing if I'm not this high

But we only stay in orbit
For a moment of time
And then you're everybody's satellite
I wish that you were mine
So why'd you come home to this angels town
It's a lifetime decision
Recovering the satellites
Everybody really knows for sure...
That you're gonna come down

1 comment:

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails