Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Paint the Sky with Stars



30" x 40"
Oil and Mixed Media on Canvas

"I've loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." -Galileo Galilei

I have been working on this piece for quite some time and it feels rewarding to see it come to fruition. The works of Gustav Klimt were inspirational in the creative process.

There is something serene yet lively about the night sky that fascinates me, and I tried to capture this on the canvas. I love stargazing in the evening with my kids and seeing the wonder on their faces as they try to understand the greatness of the universe.

I will be featuring this painting among several other new works at FG Gallery in Arlington for the "Sixties" show this Saturday night. Come out for a great opening party, fun music and lots of interesting art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails