Friday, November 13, 2009

Expressions 2009


"To show a child what once delighted you, to find the child's delight added to your own- this is happiness." M.T. Pedroche

Last night's opening reception at the Lakewood Library was a fun one, we brought the kids to come see mommy's art show. There I am in front of my three paintings looking very pregnant (9 weeks left!) with one little boy and holding my other one. My daughter was off socializing...she decided to wear her "bee princess" costume to the show and was quite the center of attention. My son thoroughly enjoyed the live guitar music and turned the reception into his own impromptu dance session. :)

It is so important to instill a love of arts in children from a very early age, as my own mother did with me...the possiblities of how it can help shape their budding little minds reach far beyond what they express through their own art. That is why I love teaching art to others and making art with my own children. Luckily, I have been blessed with two kiddos who show interest in what I do and are developing artistic skills and opinions of their own. I wonder what #3 will be like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gina Marie Dunn, Utopia Pkwy. Art Studio's Fan Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails